Important Ways to Protect Your Interests
There are several ways to help support a trouble-free home purchase:
- A written property disclosure statement from the seller will reveal any problems with the house and the surrounding area that you need to know about.
- Professional inspections can reveal structural, roof, termite and other problems with the property that the seller will need to remedy.
- A home warranty can give you peace of mind by providing repair-or-replace coverage of major home operating systems and appliances.
- A preliminary title report informs you of any problems with the property's title and a policy of title insurance protects your rights to the property.
- A walk-through before closing will allow you to make sure all required work has been taken care of and that the property is ready to become yours.