Defining Your Ideal Home
The property you buy will be much more than a house; it will be your home. The following questions can help you describe the things that are most important to you in your ideal home and neighborhood.
- For some people, "home" means a hub of social activity; for others it might be a place to retreat from the pressures of daily life. What does "home" mean to you?
- Who will be living in your household? Will you often have other family members or friends visiting for more than a few days at a time?
- If you will be working outside your home or commuting to an office, what would you consider a comfortable commute (in time or distance?) Will you be working from home?
- What are the most important activities for the members of your household? For example, hobbies, recreation, school, entertaining, religious or cultural activities?
- What are one or more features you liked most about homes you have lived in previously? This might include style, floor plan, yard, view and neighborhood.
- What is something you disliked about the house or neighborhood where you have lived previously, and what would you want to avoid in your next home?
However you answered these questions, Berkshire Hathaway agents are available to help you find your forever home.
- What are the most important ‘must have’ features of your ideal home and neighborhood? Why are they important?